Well, I'm getting super-slack about this blog but at least I'm somewhat keeping track of the books we're reading!
Pomegranate Soup was a hit. Guylene went above and beyond and actually made a lentil soup recipe from the book, which was delicious. I was surprised by a book shower for Baby Bailey, who now has a good start on her own book collection (as long as big sis doesn't steal them all). Thanks to Courtney for hosting and thanks to all for Bailey's books! I had my camera but forgot to take a picture. Kerry has since read the sequel and recommended it to us.
The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox was also a hit. Two good books in a row! Baby Bailey made her appearance and enjoyed being snuggled by everyone there. We had a good discussion but felt that whoever wrote the discussion questions was way too concerned with Iris, who we felt was just not that important to the overall story. Some of us anticipated the ending, but it surprised some of us. We were glad that Courtney joined us for socializing but you missed out on Guylene's delicious apple tart! Once again, I had my camera but forgot to use it!
We look forward to seeing which books Kerry picks for next time. The time following that, we will be reading the book that Greensboro has picked for One City, One Book.
1 comment:
Jen, thanks for compiling a list for us. Interesting! I was a little bit sad to see you guys had already read Water for Elephants b/c I voted for that for our next reading. Anyway, I also like our new blog layout. Are we officially looking for a new member now since we're down to 6?
Post a Comment