Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dec 14 Book Club

I sent this via email too since we are still getting used to the blog but thought it might be good to have it here as well so that we can easily remember the books we've voted on in the future.

HI Ladies! Sorry it took me a week or so to get this out! I tried to find some good books for our next list. There are 3 very different options here, let me know what you guys prefer. As Jennifer said, we are planning to meet on Dec 14. Hope you're all having a great week.

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
This is actually categorized as a young adult book but I've spoken to a several adults who loved it and the reviews seem to be great.

Christmas Jars by Jason Wright
The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans
I thought it might be fun to find a book with a Christmas theme since we're meeting so close to Christmas. These two are pretty short (approx 120pgs each) which is why I included both, however, if everyone thinks two is too much, we can cut it to one. They are both fairly older publications so hopefully you can find them used or at the library.

The Pleasure Was Mine by Tommy Hays
This is the "One City, One Book" choice that we decided we didn't have time to do within the month the city was running the program. We could still read it ourselves if we want.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

This is going to be a hard decision. Thanks for the great choices Carly!