From Rachel Ray - you can probably find the exact recipe on Food Network.com but it is so simple so here it is off the top of my head:
Polenta (she calls for instant but all I can find is the "log")
Can of pumpkin (or if you are motivated like Libby you can cook your own pumpkin)
Chicken or Vegetable Broth
Parmesan cheese (I use the shaved kind)
Garlic (several cloves)
Onion
Spinach (she calls for frozen but I use a bag of fresh)
1 can of white beans (drained)
Salt, pepper, nutmeg
If you are using instant polenta (tell me where to find it!), follow the directions on the box - you will cook it in broth. Stir in pumpkin. If you are using a log of polenta, add broth and pumpkin and heat through. Personally I can't get it creamy so I use a stick blender. Stir in parmesan at the end until it tastes right.
Saute onions and garlic in olive oil. Add white beans and spinach. Cook through and then add salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
Serve spinach on top of polenta. Yummy!!
Now I want to know how to make sweet potato and apple soup, spinach and artichoke dip, waldorf salad, and sweet potato dumplings. Yum what a delicious fall feast we had!!
No comments:
Post a Comment