I enjoyed having you all over Sunday evening for Book Club.
And, thank you, Jen for setting up this blog for us
Here is the recipe I promised. . .
Sweet Potato Dumplings
1 Large sweet potato (can use 2, depending on size)
1 can of biscuits (10 count)
2 sticks of butter (if desired, only 1 to decrease the fat - I do this)
2 cups water
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups sugar (if desired, only 1 - I do this)
Nutmeg
Melt butter and pour in a 13 X 19 inch casserole dish. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Pull each biscuit apart (making it 2 biscuits). Using flour, roll the biscuits flat. Peel potato and cut sweet potato into sticks, about the size of your ring finger. Place two sticks into each biscuit half and fold it to close. Repeat this process until all biscuits are used.
Boil water. Add sugar to the water and stir until melted. Add vanilla. Place the biscuits (seam side down in the baking dish, on top of the butter). Pour the sugar water mixture into dish with the potato biscuits. Sprinkle each one with nutmeg. Bake for 35-45 minutes. ENJOY!!
No comments:
Post a Comment